Our management team and Board have over 60 years combined experience growing almonds with passion and commitment.
- James was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Amaretto Almonds in July 2019.
- Raised on a fine wool grazing operation in New South Wales, James has maintained a consistent focus on food and agricultural business which incorporates senior executive roles in both professional services and commercial operations.
- A mobile approach to his early career provided James the opportunity to live and work around Australia, commencing in Sydney with KPMG, before joining ANZ Banking Group to manage client portfolios in Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory, and New South Wales. In 2011 James commenced a four-year secondment in China with ANZ in the role of Executive Director and Head of Agribusiness, China. On his return to Australia in 2015, James accepted the role of CEO of Sanger Australia, a leading global protein procurement and sales business, a position he held for 3.5 years.
- James has held several Board roles including Director of the Australian Chamber of Commerce (Shanghai), Director of the Australian Meat Processor Council, Chairman of the Australian Processor Corporation, and Director of the Red Meat Advisory Council, where he was also Chair of the Finance, Audit, and Risk Committee.
- James is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He holds a double degree in Commerce (Accounting) and Business Administration from the University of Canberra.
- Robert is a local to the Sunraysia Area and throughout his career has worked across several horticultural fields including table grapes, avocadoes, cereal cropping, and almonds.
- Robert was appointed as General Manager, Orchard Operations, of Amaretto Almonds in December in 2017. He is accountable for the management and oversight of the orchard portfolio, and further development of permanent cropping area. Robert is an innovative industry leader applying best practice horticultural management, across mature and new development projects.
- Robert commenced his career in 1996 at Sunsalt, a salt production business, before commencing with Select Harvest in 2003. In 2005 Robert was appointed Assistant Manager to the 1513 ha development at Narcooyia orchard and successfully established the property within budgets and timeframes required. In 2007 Robert was transferred to Lake Powell to develop an additional 615 ha at Lake Powell, before being promoted to Orchard Manager at Kyndalyn Park in 2008.
- Robert departed Select Harvest in 2013 to commence a management role for Bright Light Agribusiness, requiring the installation of finance and Work, Health, and Safety policies to assist the agronomic practices of the Lake Powell orchard. Robert also provided managerial oversight over the other orchards.
- Chartered accountant and former Chief Operating Officer of the Macquarie horticultural operations - including both Macquarie almonds and Macquarie vineyard.
- 40 years professional experience and successfully oversaw the key operational functions of Macquarie Agricultural Services for over 10 years.
- Chris is a Director of Amaretto Almonds and through his consulting firm, St Clair Management Group, he provides unique and cutting-edge technical management advice in Australia and US in the development and horticultural management of permanent cropping projects. .
- Chris’ involvement in the horticulture industry commenced in 1967 and has included several management and technical roles across horticulture and viticulture including vineyard development management with BRL Hardy, General Manager of Select Harvests Ltd, and land selection and establishment of the Macquarie Bank 1200Ha almond orchard and 800Ha vineyard.
- In 2014 Chris commenced a two-year assignment as Irrigation Technical Director in Stavropol Krai, Russia, for a leading group of investment banks including ADM Capital.
- Chris provides consulting services in Australia and US, notably in citrus with Nutrano, systems operations with Conserviscorp, a leading-edge Bio-dynamic Wine Company in McLaren Vale South Australia and recently an expanding Nursery in California. Chris is also retained by California-based Peacock Nut Co on a similar arrangement to Amaretto, where he provides horticultural support to the development team while reporting to the Board on compliance issues and best-practice sustainability.
Members of The Board